Women's Carpet Smoking Shoes - Size 5.5
- This pair is one-of-a-kind!
Our Women's Smoking Shoe has a menswear-inspired shape rooted in classic formal wear, featuring a higher profile and slightly wider fit than our Women's Loafer.
- This pair is one-of-a-kind! We photograph each one-of-a-kind pair individually, so the shoes you see in the two main images are exactly what you will receive.
- Upper made from hand-sourced Oriental Carpet (learn more below).
- Leather sole with 3/4 inch heel.
- Handmade in Istanbul in a small, family-owned workshop.
As opposed to flat-woven kilims, hand-knotted oriental carpets are known for their “pile,” the small, raised fibers that give it a fuzzy texture and a soft, velvety hand. That quality has made oriental carpets more difficult to work with in the past, but our clever cobblers have found a way to gently shave down the pile while preserving its lush feel and appearance.
Each of our Carpet pieces is handmade from vintage, one-of-a-kind Turkish carpets, which means that no two will ever be alike. We photograph each item individually, so what you see on the product page is exactly what you'll receive.
If you plan on using your shoes for daily walks, you may extend the life of the soles by asking your local cobbler to attach a rubber sole to them.
The textile and leather sole are very durable and will age well with time. Avoid rain or snow, but if your shoes do become a little bit wet, that’s ok; just let them dry out completely and continue wearing as usual.
To clean stains, blot with a warm washcloth. Let heavier dirt or mud stains dry, and once dried, brush them off with a bristle brush.