Women's Kilim Slippers - Size 7
- This pair is one-of-a-kind!
A backless version of our Smoking Shoe, our Women's Slipper has become an all-around favorite for its comfortable fit and slip-on style.
- This pair is one-of-a-kind! We photograph each one-of-a-kind pair individually, so the shoes you see in the two main images are exactly what you will receive.
- Upper made from hand-sourced Kilim Carpet (learn more below).
- Leather sole with 3/4 inch heel.
- Handmade in Istanbul in a small, family-owned workshop.
Kilims are a style of textile traditionally crafted on Turkey's Anatolian peninsula, primarily woven from wool on a cotton ground. Kilims are flat-woven, featuring a thin, tight weave that make them a perfect textile for crafting shoes. Every symbol, color, and pattern woven into the Kilim has meaning and represents a hope, a dream, or a story from the life of the weaver.
Each of our Kilim pieces is handmade from vintage, one-of-a-kind Turkish carpets, which means that no two will ever be alike. We photograph each item individually, so what you see on the product page is exactly what you'll receive.
If you plan on using your shoes for daily walks, you may extend the life of the soles by asking your local cobbler to attach a rubber sole to them.
The textile and leather sole are very durable and will age well with time. Avoid rain or snow, but if your shoes do become a little bit wet, that’s ok; just let them dry out completely and continue wearing as usual.
To clean stains, blot with a warm washcloth. Let heavier dirt or mud stains dry, and once dried, brush them off with a bristle brush.