Sumak Kilim Travel Duffle
Our favorite travel companion, which only gets better with age and adventure. The classic duffle shape is elevated to new heights by the vintage, one of a kind textiles and supple leather that we use.
- This item is one-of-a-kind! We photograph each one-of-a-kind product individually, so the travel duffle you see in the two main images is exactly what you will receive.
- 21.5” wide, 11" diameter.
- Made from hand-sourced Sumak Carpet (learn more below). Soft leather trim, lined in cotton canvas.
- Includes a detachable, adjustable shoulder strap. One interior pocket.
- Handmade in Turkey in a small, family-owned workshop.
Sumak (also spelled Soumak, Soumakh, Sumac, and Soumac) kilims are crafted from a mixture of wool and silk, and have a stronger weave and a more textural hand than other types of kilim carpets. They are known for their intricate designs that incorporate finely detailed symbols, figures, and representations of animals. The crisp and boldly contrasting blues, reds, and whites often featured in Sumak kilims make them a favorite among our community. Each of our Sumak Kilim pieces is handmade from one-of-a-kind Turkish carpets, which means that no two will ever be alike. We photograph each item individually, so what you see here is exactly what you'll receive.